Here's the full story: I am a brick-and-mortar store owner, and professional online seller (eBay powerseller, Alibris seller, and Amazon pro-merchant).
I'm part of a community of 50-100 ebay power sellers, and we share stories about nightmare buyers ... who only leave negative feedback, who bounce checks or attempt fraudulent credit card chargebacks, habitual deadbeats, etc.
And, all of us had stories of crazy nutjob psychos (and let me tell you, after more than 50,000 online transactions, I've got some crazy stories!). These are people who are mentally unstable, and will cyber-stalk you, will get your personal information and harass you, show up on your doorstep ... just plain scary.
What we found was that many of us got screwed &/or harassed by the SAME people! They were doing it over & over again, to each of us. So we pooled these buyers IDs into a master "eBay Blacklist". If you are an eBay seller and want to protect yourself against nutjobs and deadbeats, it's easy!:
- Go to: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin
- Sign in to your eBay account
- Cut & Paste the "blacklist" into your "Blocked Bidder List"
- Now none of these people can bid on your items!
If you are a seller and would like to add deadbeats and crazy buyers to the master list, I appreciate it! You will be doing the world a favor. Here are the criteria:
- The person must be a deadbeat, or a nightmare customer. If they have a legitimate grievance, such as a dispute over the items condition, or shipping problems, their name does not belong here.
- You must email us your blocked bidder list AND your seller ID. We will review your account, to make sure you are a legitimate, responsible seller.
- If you meet the criteria I'll add the names to the list.
Sellers need to protect themselves now more than ever. The economy is bad, and you don't have time for credit card chargebacks, deadbeats, or cyberstalkers. Plus, with the new eBay rules, we cannot leave buyers negative feedback. Additionally, PayPal provides very little protection against petty fraud ... this is a quick, easy, FREE way to protect yourself.